Friday, November 2, 2012

Last night I attended a birthday dinner for one of my granddaughters . It was really special . I gave her a copy of " A Room of One's Own " by Virginia Woolf . I'm always so afraid to share womyn author's with them , because of my MILITANT FEMINIST beliefs . Virginia was somewhat radical for her time , but definitely a safe place to start sharing my LOVE and RESPECT for STRONG , OUTSPOKEN womyn authors . I think it's really important to EDUCATE girls and womyn to the realities they will face even in today's society , so when they feel DEPRESSED and SUPPRESSED they won't think there's something HORRIBLY wrong with them . They won't RUSH too THERAPY  and PROZAC . They will unfortunately know that society is still not a WARM and FUZZY place for WOMYN .  Three cheers for STRONG WOMYN !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment